1. If you could work with any author who would it be?
Probably Diana Gabaldon. I would love to know her research techniques and also where she learned the Gaelic in her books
2. Who is your favourite author and is you writing style similar to theirs?
Fantasy author T.H. White was always my favorite, but I don’t think my style is similar to his. I hear the voices of poets I have loved in my work. W. B. Yeats and Edna St. Vincent Millay were always my favorites.
3. What’s your favorite part of a book?
Oh, the beginning. It’s like opening a box of chocolates.
4. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
Actually, I do. I created a language for my fantasy novel The King’s Daughter and the name of the female protagonist, Tarabenthia, meant “Heart of the Earth.” In my fantasy historical Spirit Awakened, the heroine had forgotten her name and the man she eventually came to love named her Delfi, which was “yellow flower,” for her blonde hair. Names are very important.
5) Where can readers best contact you?
At my Facebook page, MiriamNewmanAuthor, or the contact page at my web site www.miriamnewman.com.
To win an e-book copy of Miriam’s novel, THE EAGLE’S WOMAN, leave comment on the DCL and her page at:
Let us know what you think of the cover!